Spinach & Strawberry Salad w|Feta Cheese
This recipe makes 6-8 servings.
1 15 oz bag of spinach
1 pint strawberries, sliced
1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
6 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup olive oil + 2 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Drain and rinse chickpeas, then toss with olive oil and spread evenly onto a baking sheet.
3. Bake 15-20 minutes, until crisp.
4. Remove the chickpeas from the oven and let cool, then mix with spinach, strawberries, and feta cheese. Toss with the honey-lemon dressing immediately before serving.
For the Dressing:
1. Mix ½ cup extra virgin olive oil with ½ cup of raw honey and the fresh juice of 2 lemons.
2. Season with 1 teaspoon of sea salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix vigorously. Store in the refrigerator for no more than one week.