These zucchini boats are a simple and easy way to incorporate various macronutrients into a wholesome meal.
Zucchini is an outstanding source of manganese, vitamin C, and dietary fiber that will keep your body in the best shape for the long run. It also contains vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper, and phosphorus .
The high fiber content of tomatoes helps improve satiety, and they are also a rich source of potassium, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A.
The ground turkey and jasmine rice provide lean protein and carbohydrates to give you fuel throughout the day.
3 zucchini squashes
1.5 lbs ground turkey
2 cups reduced sodium vegetable stock
1 cup jasmine rice (or rice of your choice)
15 oz diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 tsp black pepper
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
1 oz fresh mint, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown the ground turkey in a large skillet over medium high heat for 10-15 minutes and break up with a spoon.
3. In the meantime, halve and spoon the center from each squash.
4. When the turkey is fully cooked, add 1 cup rice and 1 cup vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper, then add the diced tomatoes and mint leaves and thoroughly mix.
6. Cover the bottom of a shallow baking dish with vegetable broth.
6. Stuff each zucchini and place into the baking dish, then sprinkle the top with cheese.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Enjoy warm with an additional side of rice!