Need a quick & healthy weeknight dinner? Try this classic baked salmon recipe with a twist!
1 bunch fresh asaparagus
3-5 Salmon Filets, Skin On
1 pound tomatillos, unhusked
1 white onion, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 lemons, sliced
Juice from 1 lemon
1 bunch fresh cilantro
2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
Roasted Tomatillo Sauce
1. Broil 1 pound whole, unhusked tomatillos in the oven for 8 minutes, turn, roast for another 5 minutes, then add white onion and minced garlic.
2. Roast the mix for an additional three minutes or just until toasted.
3. Cool, then puree in a blender or food processor with 1/4 cup fresh cilantro.
Salmon & Asparagus
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place lemon slices on a foil lined baking sheet, then lay salmon skin side down and season slightly with salt and pepper.
3. Toss asparagus with olive oil, the juice from 1 lemon and salt and pepper and lay flat on baking sheet in one layer.
4. Bake salmon for 15 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. Roast asparagus only for the last 8-10 minutes, or until soft.
Serve salmon over asparagus, topped with roasted tomatillo sauce.